Existing Member?

UK Italy Germany 2014

Is this Frankfurt Airport?

GERMANY | Saturday, 26 July 2014 | Views [200]

Miraculously we arrived at the gate with a couple of minutes to spare, even though we had allowed heaps of extra time for dropping off the car, bus to airport etc.

Only to find the flight delayed because of the atrocious weather.

We arrived in Frankfurt an hour late with maybe just enough time to catch our booked train, conveniently leaving from the airport station, if we hurried.

An enquiry in stilted German for quick directions was met with a blank stare. The train station is a 90" bus journey from here we were told. Oh oh, wrong airport. There are two Frankfurt airports? Did we miss something?

We paid for the bus which fortunately was waiting, expecting to have to buy more (expensive) train tickets in Frankfurt, but no, Fortune smiled on us and a nice young lady at the station simply transferred our tickets to Gottingen to the next train. We even managed to get seats for the 2 hour journey by walking to the very furthest end of the very very VERY long platform. A diagram showing all the very numerous carriage letters, which class etc, and place where they would draw up on the platform was most helpful! 

Unfortunately no matter what codes or numbers we tried on our phone, we could not contact Cathy, who was waiting for us in Göttingen. We arrived 2 hours late to find her patiently waiting, apparently not too concerned, but quite over coffee for the day. 

About joanimil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.