Existing Member?

Jo's Journey

Me, Manuao, Mia & Murray do Mardi Gras

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 8 March 2007 | Views [1093] | Comments [4]

Blow Your Whistle

Blow Your Whistle

It was hotter than hot on Saturday 3 March, the day of Sydney's biggest and glitzyest (is that a word, i'm not sure?) parade.  Mia and I met outside Paddington Market and after a feeble effort of shopping we headed back down toward the action to stop for a couple of drinks. You see the hardest thing about backpacking for me is that I am still getting to grips with the fact that I am not allowed to shop as I did back in the UK, so it is best if I just don't go near them in the first place.  It has got to the stage now where a trip to the local Coles, Woolworths or IGA is exciting.

After a couple of drinks, we met up with Murray and Manuao, dropped into a bottle shop to grab a few drinks and then went to find a suitable place to catch the parade. 

We managed to find a really good viewpoint on Flinders Street, only problem was, we were about two and a half hours too early so we had  bit of hanging around.

Mia and I went to buy pizza and came back with deeley boppers. They were great additions to our Mardi Gras accessories which also included  whistles and glowsticks that had been handed out earlier. 

The hanging around was worth it though - we had plenty going on around us to keep us entertained including Bob Downe flying past on wheels in a rather fetching pair of bottom hugging yellow slacks. If you don't know who I am talking about then check this website out... www.bobdowne.com.au.  Rupert Everett also made an appearance and so I can now add them to my list of celebs I have spotted in Sydney - the last being Paris Hilton. Oh and how could I forget the cast of Home and Away!

I have posted some of the Mardi Gras photos in my gallery for you to have a look at!

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Ha ha ha, How camp are we!?!?!

  Manuao Mar 12, 2007 3:17 PM

2

Had a wonderful time with you Darls, love the pics<br>See you back in the UK !!!<br>luv muz

  Murray Mar 14, 2007 11:00 PM

3

Jo, you look fantastic, can't believe the colour of our, Mani looks as handsome as ever! Miss you. x

  Carole Mar 16, 2007 2:02 AM

4

Hello Little Miss Gorgeous

Still looking fabulous, even if you are shopping in Woolies!! Just had a couple of weeks at work like you are used to some nice 10 plus hour days to get ready fo our biggest event of the year that happened last week. It was a great success so all the work was worth it, although seriously dead now!

Its great to see you with Mani, and as Carole said handsome as ever!

Anywho, my additions to this always turn in to epics so I will stop now an get back to me pasta.

Hope the next part of your adventure proves to be as fun, interesting and as exciting as all you id in Oz.

Big love sweetie xxx

PS - tickets for Reading Fest went on sale today,mis you and your cut up sock shoes!!

  Zoe B Mar 20, 2007 6:46 AM

About jo

Blow Your Whistle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.