Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

touristy stuff and adapting.

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 3 January 2009 | Views [297] | Comments [2]

Hi guys,

Every day I am getting used to the lifestyle, weather and London in general. Found a place yesterday for long term accom. A little older however much bigger, however on a main road and not the nice suburban st we have been used to. Oh well it's only for a short term. They do some strange stuff here, like pre paid electricity on a usb stick that you buy from the newsagent. odd! Went to Pinner where i will be working yesterday and fell in love with the suburb. Very quaint and country. School looks good and even went down and had a few drinks in the local pub. I do approve. Would be nice to live there but where we are in Willisden it is so convenient. 15 mins to the west end and great transport. plus it's not like we will be hanging around home much. 

Went to the museum of London on new years day. Was very cool. It's amazing how much history is in this country, so vast in comparison to our 200 years. London is amazing. We were walking to the traIN STATION and you see signs like St Pauls Cathedral 200m, The Globe theatre 600m. You literally trip over these kind of landmarks.

Off to the West End on a red double decked bus today as the trains are down :(

Comments

1

Hi Candice,

Glad you are settling in - I read your comment about our history compared to the UK and had a giggle. The first time Craig visited London he kept commenting how old everything is and made the same comparisons.

Hope your first day at work went well - lots of love
Rhonda and Craig and family xoxo

  Rhonda Douglas Jan 6, 2009 5:55 PM

2

Hello daughter,
loving your blog. makes me feel like we are not too far away. wish we were there to share some of these experiences with you two. still working on the verada plan. hope school went well on your first day.
lots of love.
Mum

  Andrea Loricchiella Jan 6, 2009 9:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.