Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

New Years!

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 1 January 2009 | Views [260]

Well it's been awhile since we've written and we have been up to a bit. Travelling all over london, and using the tube which is really quick and efficient (unlike metliknk), seeing the sights and generally settling in and sorting ourselves out. 

We went to the Tower of London and London Bridge the other day which was amazing. It's huge and has like 20 different towers and they had ice skating out the front which was very cute. And most importantly on the way home we stumbled across our local pub! It's right across from the train station, but we didn't recognise it because it looks like a medieval building and not a pub. It's good to know there's somewhere warm to drink, have a meal and just generally chill out right around the corner from us and across the road from the station so we can stop in after work to defrost.

Went to the West End yesterday which was packed with shoppers and tourist taking in the sales. Went to Top shop which was three levels and jam packed of people. Some good bargains but couldn't really do any real shopping as it was just too packed. After that we went and had a drink with Karen and Stu from work, as they are here on a holiday. It was good to see a familiar face. And after that meet up with sarah for dinner at a cute place on our corner, and then went to the local for drinks. Although we were all pretty jet lagged so were home and in bed by 12. Pretty boring but I hate the pressure on new years so to me it was just any other night. Plus those pints really take it out of you.

Yesterday was bloody cold and we would go about anywhere to get out of the cold. Jayden got the cutest beanie at the West End, and we are finding that warm socks and thermals are a must.

Write soon xoxo

Love to everyone and keep us in the loop.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.