Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

London - Getting here!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 30 December 2008 | Views [373] | Comments [1]

ok finally here after about 30 hours of travelling we finally dumped our heavy bags at our little studio apartment in Willisden Green in North West London. Flights were fine, except for the part where Jayden and I lost each other in Bangkok international airport which ended up in Jayden putting an announcement over the PA for me. we found each other eventually, and everything was ok. Once off the plane we caught a total of 4 different tube connections. one from Heathrow to Paddington station where there was a massive paddington bear doll, and we witnessed our first policeman with a hard hat and batton, and red double decker bus. We wasted some time here and then caught a multitude of other trains to get us here. All pretty easy to follow but quite expensive. Spent a total of 20 pounds on trains today. ouch!

Anyway, studio is small but has everything we need and the street is very quaint. We took a stroll to the main street and were a little shocked. Very multicultural. Reminds me a little of Sydney road in Brunswick, lots of halal shops. No hijab shops yet though Bec. lol! Checked out some nice little resturaunts though. I think we have been sheltered in Melbournes eastern suburbs too long. Also shocked by the customer service here- or lack of...Some grumpy bitches at Salisbury's the supermarket.

Off to my agency tommorow to sort out bank accounts, and then I think off to the tower of london. Meeting up with my mate Sarah tommorow to have a few drinks and celebrate her birthday. Will be good to see a friendly face!

Keep in touch xoxo

Candice and Jayden

Tags: london

Comments

1

Hey Guys,

Sounds good....nice to hear from you, back in melbourne today new years was great in geelon 4 1/2 star caravan park so was great weather was fine...NYE was cold at the waterfront around 15-18 degrees or less, then went to Brads gig and got back to caravan park around 2:30 or 3 ish........weather at moment is nice and supposed to be around 25-30 for next 5 days or so........jayden my computer has died...weird fine one day not he next wont startup says some error with PBR, i think its something to do with harddrive etc.....will ring dell and try to suss it out. We found out stephs work laptop has webcam so we will get onto skype soon etc......looking forward to hearing from ya.

Simon and steph

  Simon Berton Jan 1, 2009 1:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.