Existing Member?

Cutting Loose in Asia This journal/blog will chronicle the adventures of Leah & Joel in Hong Kong & the Philippines from July 12-August 8. Leah will conduct PhD research, Joel is along for the ride...

Hong Kong Part Deuce

HONG KONG | Saturday, 11 August 2007 | Views [966]

Hi Folks!! We're back home in the US of A. It was quite an epic 1-3 day journey. We began in Manila early Wednesday am and caught a taxi to the airport and boarded a Philippine Airline 747 to Hong Kong. I was tickled by one last bit of Philippine hospitality on our flight. When I had to use the little onboard "Comfort Room" there was a drawer hanging open that would not latch. When I asked the friendly flight attendant how to manage it, she said, "It's ok sir, you can kick it! Please sir, go ahead and kick it". It works!! She knew the trick!

In Hong Kong, Leah and I put a price on a day of our lives. We took the bait of a night in Hong Kong and a ticket voucher and voluntarily "bumped". In waiting for the rigamarole of rebooking, customs, immigration, we witnessed the arrival of somebody worthy of excitement. Still having regular celeb voyeur pre-teen tendencies, I rushed over with my camera and took some blurry pics of FC Barcelona, including the best soccer player in the world Ronaldinho. It was easy to see who the big shot was, as he was last in line...I totally forgot that a few of his teammates were also among the top 5 or 10 footballers in the world amid my excitement and avoidance of security telling me to stop taking pictures.

So we found our way into Hong Kong Wednesday night and missed the famous skyline lightshow as I badly miscalculated which trainstop to go to. We ended up walking among tall buildings and malls and very few people relative to the claustrophobia-inducing Manila streets. The real travel adventures began Thursday morning in Hong Kong.

Conference Call by the Jollibee!

Conference Call by the Jollibee!

Tags: Philosophy of travel

About jmasselink


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.