Existing Member?

Europe Escapees Jackie and John are embarking on an adventure. Where are we now?

Crete (continued)

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 7 July 2009 | Views [276] | Comments [1]

Yipee made it to Crete! So nice not to be treated like a walking wallet anymore... It is beautiful here so far. IN Chania which is right next to the water and gorgeous little streets. Will go exploring today before meet up with friend MOnica. It is going to be a hot one!!!

JOhn's 40th today!!!

More later (this one is free which it has been in accom since the UK, very civilised! but I don't think Monica is connected so may be a few days...we'll just be swimming relaxing etc so don't worry if you don't hear!)

Well that ended up being the longest day ever, for John to really enjoy his birthday, ha ha. Had trouble hooking up with Monica as the mobile networks aren't that compatable or something! Anyway we finally met at about 7.30pm and then we went to a party at 9.30pm until about 3am... We were stuffed! It was nice tho, some Italian millionaire's place with an up and coming (well prob already famous in some parts) piano accordian player. Lots of music, food and local wine!

Since then we've been to 2 beaches, one on the north coast and the second yesterday in a hire car to the south coast. Very different beaches. Eaten at Monica's restaurant a couple of times and the food is delicious there. She has extended enormous hospitality to us. We ended up staying 3 nights (she would have liked us to stay the whole time I think)and are on our way today, a bit sad :-( She told us to say hi and send more visitors her way.

We have tried Raki, cross between Saki and metho! Sweating our asses off!

Oh have been adapting to Crete time so maybe jetlag won't be too bad on the way back. Everything just happens later and in its own time. Difficult for us organised types but you learn to go with it as its governed by the heat. JOhn is coping well with driving on the wrong side of the road. I haven't been brave enough yet!

Comments

1

Glad you saw Monica - cant wait to hear more about her. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time. The post cards are a real hit. Alex took the world globe and all your postcards to School for his "News Item" apparently it was rated the second best ( which is the best rating he has ever got).He has given up on colouring all the flags though - so we only have 2 to give to you on your return.
Love Beck

  Beck Jul 14, 2009 1:51 PM

About jj_devries


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.