Existing Member?

Europe Escapees Jackie and John are embarking on an adventure. Where are we now?

Scotland

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 23 June 2009 | Views [217] | Comments [2]

I just wrote this but it didn't save so will try again...

So as I was saying, I have since discovered that whisky doesn't have an 'e' and have done the whisky experience in Edinburgh and a more authentic one at Glengoyne. Both were good but I'm not a convert. Easier to get down with water.

We spent 2 nights and a day in Edinburgh. Went to the castle etc. Rang up re hire car and discovered that company had ceased trading. Got another one ok but £150 drop off fee for Nottingham. Headed up to Inverness (after 1hr stuck in roadworks) then down the other side of Loch Ness to a night in Fort Augusta. From there to Isle of Mull and Tobermoray. Saw a wild otter there. Last night and this morning in Glasgow.

Sorry to Scot lovers but JOhn and I are underwhelmed. Think Tassie is much nicer. Might be tainted by not being well and weather however Ireland and Cornwall are far more stunning. Hence we are heading off a night early and will spend tonight somewhere in the north of England. Just have to buy another map as the hire car didnt' come equipped with any which makes things a bit tricky!

Hope all is ok there and not too cold. We are looking forward to more warmth ourselves. LJ&J

Comments

1

Sorry you didn't like Scotland or the whisky. You'd think that after enough whisky you would have enjoyed the scenery. I must remember when giving you referrals that you like completely different things to me. Perhaps you'd enjoy southern Spain?

Its been raining a lot since you left.

  Janet Jun 26, 2009 4:16 PM

2

did not like Scotland that much either! Sam did tho (mostly as he drank whisky everywhere we went...). Oh well, been there, done that, don't need to go back!

  Alison Jun 29, 2009 12:01 PM

About jj_devries


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.