Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Shelley Beach

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 December 2009 | Views [697]

Our beautiful Shelley Beach

Our beautiful Shelley Beach

Tuesday 24th November

Shelley Beach WA

We decided that even though Pleasant Bay was suitably pleasant, the ferocious flies and  pesky mosquitoes made us decide to leave camp.

Travelling further eastward we came to the little town of Denmark.  Very quaint and had a telecentre for us to check the blog and emails.  We noticed on the map another national park; West Cape Howe, the most southerly point in WA. After driving through the park we came upon a most beautiful beach - Shelley Beach.  Here was a free campsite with the beach 2 metres from our door, a gas bbq, toilets and a bubbling stream with fresh water. The only down side is that we are not permitted to light fires.  Oh, well can't have everything.

This afternoon the sun is shining, the sand is sparkling and the water is inviting.  Topped up our tans with a few hours on the beach then dinner.

Tonight was a new moon and the stars were brightly shining (sounds like a song). We pulled out a sleeping bag and wrapped it around us – sipping cups of tea and glorying in nature.

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.