Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Beautiful Peaceful Bay

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 24 November 2009 | Views [432]

Jim (a little stressed) on the Tree Tops Walk

Jim (a little stressed) on the Tree Tops Walk

Monday 23rd  November

Peaceful Bay

We had originally intended to get about 75kms further east but we stumbled upon the divine piece of paradise and had to stay the night.

We broke camp at Crystal Springs after a leisurely breakfast and headed back through the town of Walpole.  On the way we took the scenic tourist drive through the Walpole-Nornalup National Park visiting Sandy beach and the very cute village of Rocky Head.  Then it was off to the town of Nornalup (still in the Up-towns) and a visit to the Treetop walk.  This walk provides a different perspective on the shapes, sounds and movement of the forest.  Again, Jim's anxiety levels were on alert as we moved across the lightweight bridge spans-up to 40 metres above the forest floor at it's highest point.  The swaying as other people moved on the bridge did not help!

At the ground level was the Ancient Empire Trail, This is a boardwalk  that takes you around some of the mammoth Tingle trees  that we saw from above.  Some have been gouged out by time at their base from fire, insects and disease, and you can walk through and stand in them.

We were looking for somewhere on the beach for lunch and Nic suggested a trip to Conspicuous Cliffs and Beach.  A great name and a great beach.  Unfortunately the signs recommend that you don't swim there due to dangerous currents so we pushed on and found Peaceful Bay.  We've decided to book into a beach side caravan park to charge up the batteries on the computer, do a little washing and have a good hot shower.  The fact that it's such a beautiful site makes it a very easy decision.

Spent the afternoon on the beach and life is good.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.