Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

High Up in Hong Kong

HONG KONG | Saturday, 7 November 2009 | Views [330]

Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Thursday 5th November

Hong Kong


Check out from the Banyon Tree was smooth and elegant; especially the limo service waiting for us at the entrance door to take us back to the airport. Goodbye beautiful Thailand. We'll be back.


The new Hong Kong airport is about 25 mins by high speed train from Kowloon. A speedy and smart way to arrive into this exciting city. We're staying in the new and funky W Hotel. It's on the harbour but not right in the centre. The best thing is that the hotel is above the station to the airport. Makes life very easy.


When we arrived at about 4:00pm the room was not ready so they offered to upgrade us if we'd be happy to wait for an hour hmmm ... what to do? They arranged for the airport shuttle (a five seater Audi) to drop us at the Star ferry terminal and we booked ourselves for the 5:00pm one hour tour of Hong Kong harbour. As the sun set we were entertained by the light show that happens ever day as the neon and LED screens came to life all around us. We arrived back to the hotel and found our room on the 32nd floor overlooking the western harbour. The room is big and cutting edge. Lots of toys to play with and we love the automatic curtains. After settling in we took the lift to the 73rd floor to view the pool and spa – more of that tomorrow morning. The bed is truly amazing....funny, the best of the overseas bed till last it would seem.


 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.