Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Farewell to Roma (oops - a little out of order)

JORDAN | Saturday, 24 October 2009 | Views [375]

Jim at the Trevi fountain

Jim at the Trevi fountain

Tuesday 20th October

Amman Jordan


A little post script our final night in Rome. On the Metro from our hotel to meeting with Don and Victor, we had the pleasure of one of the finest Cabinieri (Roman policeman) we have ever seen. As the doors to the train opened, there standing before us like a vision was this Italian god made in the image of Tom of Finland, (we call him Sergio of Finland) with black cap, black leather gloves, black suite with red stripe down the pants and a look that would kill. An absolute Adonis. Needless to say we were captivated throughout the full four stops of our journey.


We didn't have enough time in Rome but we have to leave something for next time.


Another easy start to the day with breakfast and a 20 minute pack, a quick trip to the post office (staff most unhelpful, and we'll be surprised if anything makes it's supposed destination) and then to the airport.


We flew with Royal Jordanian Airlines and they were terrific. The business class lounge was outstanding, service and food on board was some of the best we've had and the speed of our disembarkation was amazing. We were met by our new driver and guide, (also) Mohammad (II) and he whisked us into our hotel in Amman. So far so good. Friendly people and a very clean city.


As the sun goes down we hear the Islamic call to prayer ... for us it's the call to cocktails.


Jordan awaits.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.