Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Seafood extravaganza

ITALY | Thursday, 15 October 2009 | Views [683]

Fresh Seafood!

Fresh Seafood!

Friday 9th October

Lipari


In the mornings we can hear the fishmonger spruking “Pescatore” at the top of his voice – so what are a couple of lads on holiday to do? We headed down o the little port and purchased a rather ugly but fresh squid and a large bluefish. Then it was off to the beach for a bit more snorkeling, reading, sunning etc before returning to the apartment to prepare the calamari. Jim, somewhere in his deep dark memory, recalled having once prepared calamari from the start and was able to clean the little sucker and then produced salt and pepper squid. Served with a crisp salad – fabulous.


After lunch we headed off for our afternoon jaunt around the island, this time in the other direction. We just missed the sunset on the other side of the island but we'll get it another day. We did get to see the near island of Volcano spitting steam for the tip of it's main peak. How exciting.


But now to dinner; Nic took on the chief chefs role again and prepared stuffed baked bluefish served with baked garlic potatoes. Another culinary masterpiece. It's so easy when the produce is right.

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.