Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Disney-Dubrovnic

CROATIA | Tuesday, 29 September 2009 | Views [611] | Comments [2]

Sunday 28th September

Dubrovnik


As we travelled on our bus from the port to the old city we spoke to a lovely Australian couple, Thelma and Rob, who had been here before. We asked what are the must see items. There response was that it was Disney Dubrovnik. They were right. A beautiful walled city that is pristine in every way. Mind you it was bombed continuously during the 91/92 Serbian war so it's a testament to human endurance (and a lot of money, thanks to it being a UNESCO site) that it is what it is today.


We decided to focus our time doing the Ancient Wall Walk. A great way to see the city from above. When we reached the end we visited the Franciscan Monastery Museum to see the oldest Pharmacy in existence and a few other oddities. Particularly the reliquary of the finger of Saint Luke ... imagine a middle finder sticking up made of gold and silver. Love the silliness!


We headed back to the boat, lunch, a bit of sun time by the pool, siesta and then a full ablution package.


We're ready to get off the boat. Seven days has been enough and it's been great to recharge our traveling batteries. We've been to see a glimpse of cities that were not on our main itinerary and to have some much needed R & R.


Tonight we watched the sun go down over the Dalmatian Coast and now the moon is shining over the water. Beautiful.


We've now reached the halfway mark of our adventure. It's been better than we could have possibly imagined. Look forward to the next three months.


 

Comments

1

Love all the stories and the lux life style you seem to be achieving. I've decided you must put together as a book. I'm sure theres' a (gay) publisher who'd be interested. Photos are terrific. Looking forward to next instalments. Lots of love - Janet

  Janet Sep 29, 2009 6:27 PM

2

Hi James and Nic,

I love reading about your travels and the pictures are amazing. Just finished year 12 Graduation Ceremony and Mass. As you can imagine I am overwhelmingly jealous and wish I was with you. Miss you, Bernadette x

  Bernadette Sep 30, 2009 10:19 AM

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.