Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

It's all greek to us

GREECE | Tuesday, 29 September 2009 | Views [439]

Dalmatian Coast

Dalmatian Coast

Saturday 26th September

Argostoli


Well we didn't expect this! Rain in the Greek islands!


We awoke to rain on our balcony and decided that we had made the right move in not booking a shore excursion from the boat. As the morning progressed we watched all these little gremlins wrapped in wet weather gear, getting into the tender boats to take them to the port. As we really didn't know much about Argostoli we weren't to fussed about missing it.


Spent the day reading, snoozing, eating, reading in the sauna area, going to the gym, washing clothes, reading etc etc.


We're now beginning to get back our travellers momentum and look forward to being touristas again.


By the way, we are fairly certain that we are probably, most definitely, the only gays in the village. Tonight is another Gala dinner, we might dress up and wear shoes instead of sandals tonight :)


Each night we sit on our balcony and watch the sun go down then revel in the brightness of the moon and the stars. Sometimes we can see a coastal town lite up, a lighthouse or another passenger liner with it' sights ablaze.


About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.