Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Acropolis Now

GREECE | Tuesday, 29 September 2009 | Views [570]

Friday 25th September

Piraeus/Athens


Piraeus is not a particularly pretty port, then again, Athens is not a particularly pretty city. But the Acropolis is fairly outstanding.


We booked a guided tour from the ship that included the Acropolis and the new Acropolis museum. The acropolis itself is still under renovation with parts of the Parthenon beginning to look like it might once have. Imagination is needed to conjour up what it originally must have looked like, but still- very impressive, and very, very old!


The new Acropolis Museum opened only three months ago and so was a real treat. Great design and having the guide was a real bonus.

We know so much more about Grecian art... where that will be useful, who knows!


The bus then took us to a tourist shop which is where we diverted ourselves from and found a little taverna to have coffee.


Back onboard for a late lunch, bit of sun time, afternoon siesta, gym time, movie in our suite (Burn After Reading), late dinner and off to bed.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.