Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Sitges

SURINAME | Monday, 31 August 2009 | Views [443]

Jim and the beach brollies

Jim and the beach brollies

Monday 24th August

Sitges

Our challenge today was to use both the Metro and suburban train systems of Barcelona on a trip to the Medieval seaside village of Sitges. Challenge, because like most of Spain, very little English exists in the written or spoken word. We kind of knew it was a bit of a gay haunt but we were not ready for the number of gays that we found in this village!  It was also our first real experience of the European-Summer-Invasion of hordes from the north - row upon row of rentable beachside umbrellas and lounges by the edge of dark sandy shores.  We, being the abstemious travelers we are, brought our own sarongs and umbrella (a gift from two New Zealand lads). 

Sitting on the beach we were surrounded by a cacophony of languages and accents (and cuteness).  Due to the heat we spent only about two hours on the beach and then headed into the town for lunch.  After lunch we visited the medieval streets and walked and walked and walked.  We finished with café and back on the train for the picturesque journey back to Barcelona.  The train travels along the Mediterranean coast on the water´s edge. Beautiful!

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Suriname

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.