Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Iguazu Falls - Argentine Side

BRAZIL | Thursday, 13 August 2009 | Views [799] | Comments [5]

Iguazu Falls - Argentine side

Iguazu Falls - Argentine side

Wednesday 12th August

Iguazu Falls

We thought we got wet yesterday. Today we were saturated completely. We were picked up by our driver/guide early this morning and headed across the border to the Argentine side of the falls. Headed immediately for the Devil's throat – the most famous part of the falls. Yes, we got wet but there was much more to come. This was followed by the upper trail, a light lunch and then the lower trail that took us to the bottom of the falls (pictured). There we joined our boat trip into the mouth of the Devils Throat. Luckily we were given a plastic bag for our clothes and back pack. It was spine tingling and hilarious. We laughed and laughed as we were inundated with crystal clear river water teaming down from the rapids and gigantic falls. Then it was a 10 minute tip down the lower rapids that also saw the boat inundated and bounced around. We then returned to the park entrance via a trip though an 8km jungle track where we were met by our lovely guide and returned to our hotel. Another top ten day. Cocktails by the pool, room service, and bed post-turn down servcie. Ohhh, what are the poor people doing, we wonder briefly.

Comments

1

Hello Boys!!! Oyyyyy!!! Something like that...
Anyhow, what beautiful pictures. Where is your next stop?? Europe??

Love ya,

Carlos

  Carlos Camacho Aug 13, 2009 11:41 AM

2

Hi Carol

Next stop off to the deepest darkest amazon for 4 days on a canoe.

Then Salvador and Rio then to Europe.

Right back at ya babe.

J & N xox

  Jim & Nic Aug 13, 2009 5:13 PM

3

OOPS - Carlos not Carol (it's 4:00 am! :))))))

  Jim again Aug 13, 2009 5:16 PM

4

Hi Jimmy and Nic
Life's must be so tough for you!!!
I am so enjoying your wonderful stories and fantastic photos. Can believe how much you have seen.
Take care
Olga xoxox

  Olga Aug 13, 2009 5:27 PM

5

Hi Olgie

So lovely to hear from you. The trip is better than we even thought. Fab places, incredible people and us getting to share them.

Much love

Jimmie & Nic

  jimandnicadventure Aug 18, 2009 9:36 AM

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.