Existing Member?

Jim and Mary's blog

Grand Canyon 2

USA | Tuesday, 26 March 2013 | Views [325] | Comments [1]

Or how many superlatives can you take? We went on our last walk in the grand Canyon and I will not try and describe what we saw .I'll upload some photos but the artistry and equipment that I possess will not do justice. All I can say is that if you like hiking then this is the place to come. Give yourself as much time as you can spare. A bit of research will be a good idea beforehand depending upon what you might want to do. For instance if you want to complete some of the trails then you will need to organise camping, for which you will need permits beforehand and they are taken up well in advance. Donkey trips will need 2 years booking in advance. Well the walk we did today was one of the less popular trails and it was non the less enjoyable because of that. In fact the isolation you felt enhanced the experience. we did the Hermit trail today with a diversion to the Drippiing Springs. After the walk we went round the rim for a romantic view of the the sunset. Mary thought it was romantic and I asked her for her evidence for this. What double blind trials can she quote to support her assertion that it was romantic. I said that I thought it was culturally determined and that in itself it could not objectively be called romantic. She gave me a smack in the mouth and said that was her evidence. I did not disagree.                                                                                                             Regarding my rant about Creationists yesterday I discovered some evidence that might support their beliefs. It is significant the increase in temperature that is experienced as you get lower into the canyon. This is probably that you sre getting closer to hell. You re all in bed (or should be) whileI write this. Just a fascinating thought as to how the world works.

 

Comments

1

I'm with you Mary, romantic it is.

  Alison Mar 29, 2013 11:42 PM

About jimandmary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.