Existing Member?

Jim and Mary's blog

Bottled out in Las Vegas

USA | Sunday, 24 March 2013 | Views [346]

I have often wondered how I would cope with the temptations of mammon in Las Vegas. I thought that the way it would go would be that we would gamble a pre-determined amount, say $100 and then stop. If I was lucky then I might make modest profit. Unfortunately I could not overcome a 40 year reluctance to gamble. For instance I have never bought a lottery ticket. I hoped the atmosphere of LV would help me get over my prudish disdain. Well LV and we failed. However there were many thris to be seen This included the pirates battle in front of Treasure Island. The highlight for me was the synchronsed fountain and music outside Belligio's. Imside all the hotels there were wonderfull displays of art work. Belligio's had a display of the work of Chuilly. Natasha will be able to tell youbthe correct spelling as she took us to an exhibition of his in Kew Gardens. The only down side was the offers of girls to your room in twenty minutes. 

We stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel which had a tower from which we had a great vantage point of the Strip. They also had people paying good money to jump from the tower with a wire to control the speed of drop. There was another ride which looked as if it was going to tip you over the side of the building.

 

 

.

 

 

 

About jimandmary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.