Existing Member?

Jim and Mary's blog

An aquarium to remember

USA | Saturday, 23 March 2013 | Views [287]

As an event the aquarium in Long Beach was something that will be well remembered. We saw some amazing sea creatures and corals that the pictures on the blog will not do justice. It was also possible to touch some of the fish who seemed little worried by the human contact.

We have seen some wonderful scenes in our round the world trip and there are a few more on the agenda with the impending visits to Las Vegas,  Grand Canyon and New York.However I think the highlights will be the human contacts we have had along the way. However one of the best evenings we had was this evening when we were entertained by Cathy and Bob with aunty Mary, cousin DJ with his wife Willa and son Reilly. Remember Mary has not seen them for 35 years but I could have been yesterday. Memories were swapped and laughed over with the perspective of maturity. Shame our son James was not there but we were able to see his taiko performance at the Albert Hall which was on utube. Mary and I were also able to tell them about our exposure to there culture and our knowledge of Appalachian clogging which is very popular in the UK amongst folkies like us. We even have a friend Kathy who dances it in and around Totnes. We look forward to Willa coming to the SW in 2014 when she is going to Cornwall. What would be wonderful if Cathy and Bob could find their way to England. There  be no shortage of places for them to stay but the best place is in Devon.

About jimandmary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.