Existing Member?

A Year Down Under

Let's go Buffalo!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [369]

Hello :)

Another week gone! I have offically started my new job and am liking it so far. Its still very new so I'm spending my days observing and following around the other women that work at the center. It is a small team but they are all quite nice and have been helpful. Eventually I will have my own caseload and will be responsible for one outreach area once a week. I will be taking over for a women who will be leaving on materity leave in November.

I also got Dane's grandpa's car this past weekend and now have a way to get to work for a few weeks! It has character and I may nickname it the beast...lol but it will get me around :) I'll have to add some pictures soon.

This past weekend was Dane's birthday so we went to Thai for dinner and grabbed a few drinks Friday night. It was a nice night and I think Dane had a good bday overall. Saturday was the Ovens and Kings Grand Footie Final in Wang so a few of us headed down. I don't know how much of the game I actually saw but it was a beautiful day and perfect for having a few beers and hanging out with new friends. I also got to see my first netball game (also something I hadn't seen before in the States).

Saturday continued with a friend's 21st bday party where we had to dress "anything but normal". I ended up finding some things for an 80s look with a side ponytail and blue eyeshadow. Dane was a hunter with some camo pants. It ended up being a lot of fun!

Sunday ended up being a lazy day and Dane made a nice dinner and we had Rheanna and Yogi over to eat.

I will be excited to get through my first week of work and getting past the not knowing what I'm doing feeling. This weekend we will be going on a brewery/winery tour with Dane's good friends Mick and Sharyn so it will be nice to get out and see some of the places around here again.

And today I was doing some errands with one lady at work and went in to a electronics store and what did I see....BUFFALO BILLS playing on tv! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to see NFL games while over here. I'm not sure I will get many of the games but its nice to see some nfl games where I understand the rules, lol.

Alrighty...its off to bed for me. I'm a working girl now and need my sleep! :) I hope all is well with everyone. And a very special HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY to miss Jessica!! love and miss you!

<3

About jhawley112


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.