Existing Member?

A Year Down Under

G'day from Wangaratta :)

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 18 August 2009 | Views [411] | Comments [1]

I have successfully made to the other side of world with all my suitcases. I ended up having 4 pieces of luggage total and which were within the size and weight limits!

I landed in Melbourne, Victoria Saturday morning (Friday night in the USA) and had really good flights thank goodness. It was a long day though thats for sure; started in BUffalo thursday afternoon-->DC-->LA-->Sydney-->Melbourne. phew! Once I got all my luggage and made it through customs Dane was waiting for me on the other side :) It was so good to finally see him again.

We left the airport around 11am and stop at afew shops in Melbourne before starting the 2.5hr drive up to Wangaratta. We stopped in to see one of his aunts and caught up some with them. Dane and I finally got back to his place sometime after 4pm and I was startig to get pretty tired by then. I had slept quite a bit on the plane so I wasn't experiencing too much jetleg which was awesome! After finally getting to shower and unpackinging most of my things (had to move some of Dane's things around :) ) I was ready to crash!

Since then we've made a trip to Myrtleford (where Dane was born, about 30mins south) to have lunch with his parents and friends. Again, nice to see them as well. Yesterday was back to work for Dane so now it's time for me to figure out what I'm doing with myself.

I'm trying to get my bearings right now and adjust to living here. I know it will take a bit before I'm really comfortable but I'm trying to be brave and go for it. I went for a run along a footpath near his house then walked into Wang to look around and start to learn where everything is. I also have opened a bank account (hopefully there will be a job to put $$ into it soon!) and bought a pre-paid phone.

Today its a pretty chilly start but should warm up soon so I hope to go for another run soon and then talk to some employment agencies to see what work I can find.

Cross your fingers for me!!

xoxo

Dane's house

Dane's house

Comments

1

I like it! It is weird to see no leaves on the trees. love you! :-)

  Michele Aug 19, 2009 11:44 AM

About jhawley112


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.