Existing Member?

The Frisco Kid Gone Wild

Australia Entry 7 of Journal 03/19/13

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 March 2013 | Views [407]

Dear Journal ( and to all my readers) 
 
  Sunday was more chilling with my sisters family, and shopping for a bbq grill. My last entry i told you about the spider bite, well funny enough my sister forced me to go to a pharmacist and ask if it is infected and am i gonna need antibiotics for it. I went and he said i did but in order to get them your gonna need a proscription. So my brother in law calls his friend who is a doctor and he says hes on his way out of town, but is a few blocks from us so we can meet him on the side of the road and then go from there. We get there and he takes one look and says you have to immediately get antibiotics, and writes a prescription. When i asked him if he want my oversea insurance he says "you're oversea insurance doesn't cover road side assistance like this haha" so i kinda got it for free. 
Now i'm on antibiotics for 6 days and some cream for it, thank G-D for family and friends ha.
 
 Monday kinda blew by in a haze, i decided to take a day to just do nothing and sleep in, but today i chilled out in mid downtown Melbourne. A friend of mine called me and said she wants to take me out to see the city, so of course i said yes, and we arranged to go on the non-touristy tour. She took me to all the little corner parks that only locals know about. 
 
 By the way side-note in order to ride the bus or tram here you have to have a myki card, meaning they don't take cash. I think it's kinda anti-tourist because it is extremely hard to find a place to get a card. Anyway we continued in the city to the Victoria market, which is very similar to a shuk, bazaar or flea market(but an everyday flea market). It was very cheap there and i saw tons of things i wanted, but i didn't buy since it closed at 2 pm i didn't want walk around for hours with stuff around the city. The only thing i did buy was a beanie for myself and my friend, and it was cuz it was $2.00 and i couldn't refuse something that cheap. 
 
 We walked along the Yarra River and when we crossed over one of the bridges they had a column for every country that mirgated and to australia and how many people were born from those people till 2001 and there were over 50,000 american in that list which is pretty cool. We also got to see a mouse eating leaves or something like that in the park. it was the first time i got to see a field mouse, so that was pretty cool.

Tags: city, park

About jewraider


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.