Existing Member?

The Frisco Kid Gone Wild

Australia Entry 8 of Journal 03/20/13

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 March 2013 | Views [428]

standing in front of the Rippon-Lea Garden Mansion

standing in front of the Rippon-Lea Garden Mansion

Dear Journal (and to all my readers) 

 
 
 Today was a very interesting day! i went to take a tour inside of a beautiful mansion, and acres of land around called Rippon-Lea Gardens. There was an amazing amount of detail from the sculptors to the actual architecture of this place. I rarely take museum tours of history because there are usually political agendas attached to them, and i try stay away from politics. This was one of the first times i got to see art, architecture and learn so much about Australia without any mention of politics.
 
 The garden was stunning, and they even had an orchard where i nicked 2 apples. I guess karma has its way because the apples were extremely bitter, but at least i tried them ha! They had a magnificent old fashion green house that felt like i was walking through the place Alice in wonderland took place.It was full of trees, plants and plenty of small pathways that were narrow but just enough to make you feel claustrophobic. 
 
  We walked around the lake that was on the estate until we came to a small tower, climbed up and then we got hungry and ate biltong (South African Style Beef Jerky) and munched almost a pounds worth (a lot). It was really nice view of the lake and the rest of the acres of land. 
 
We later went home and got ready for basketball, which we played with about 13 other people. It was getting kinda crowded so we split the teams into 5 each and played in rotations. I found out that i'm not the biggest shooter in basket ball but i have good eye for were the ball is going to be and therefore a good defender. We played for about two hours and we lost once and won like 3 times, so it was good day. 
 
 We then went out to eat, and what was supposed to be like 5 of us turned out to be 12 of us. They knew the lady behind the counter at the falafel joint so we got good service. I kinda hate falafel because i ate so much of it in israel, so i got myself a thing called a malawach, which is like fried puff pastry dough with eggplant and other stuff in the center (very tasty)! 

Tags: basketball, biltong, eating, garden

About jewraider


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.