Existing Member?

Jess's Travels

Hola chicos

IRELAND | Tuesday, 29 January 2008 | Views [474] | Comments [1]

Hi all,

I know these have become few and far between but here is another quick update. I've been in Ireland for about a week and a half now and have been spending a lot of time with Erics family who are fantastic people and who have treated me like family while I've been here. Due to that I haven't actually been out and about all that much. I tried extremely hard to hire a car so I could drive around Ireland but after consecutive problems I have given up. A very stressful day was spent trying to organise this in Dublin and I got so frustrated that I ended up getting on the next bus out - to Belfast and after more hassles finally got up to see the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland - which despite gales and a lot of rain was well worth it - a really spectacular place to see.


Other than that I've spent most of my time between Baltinglass and Dublin - walking in the country and meeting little Irish couples who tell me 'its lovely to meet a foreigner', or the city (and accidently meeting up with a great guy that we met first stop in Rome and spent all our Roman time with - so odd), or going out with JJ's (Eric's cousin) housemates. So its been good.


I arrived in Galway tonight and the plan is to head out to see the Burren, Cliffs of Moher and probably the Aran Islands in the next couple of days - my last touristy stop in Ireland before heading back to Dublin at the end of the week to say goodbye to everyone. I fly to London on Monday.

And so you can all start getting excited and counting down the days because I'm in the UK for 10 days and then I'm flying home - alone this time because Eric's going to stay and live in Dublin for now, but it means I'll be back on the 16th of Feb. England probably won't be a lot of site-seeing either - more friends and family seeing but I'm looking forward to that. Too much backpacking has taken its toll and at the moment I really appreciate being able to sit down and do nothing (well really its probably more been watching family guy) in peace without any worry that someone will go through my bag while I'm out of the room.

Dommy and Cateb - I'm coming to your house when I get back - ha ha you have no choice

To all the boys and girls from Columbas - me and Gene want to go camping when we get back to celebrate so keep in mind that there will be a big party when we're all back - when's Frewers return anyway?




To any Royal folk that are still reading this...

Grub - I have succeeded in a way - but as we haven't been to pubs every night your stash may not end up as big as you'd hoped for.

Grant - As yet have not been anywhere long enough but am going to try with the lemon on the weekend when I go back to Dublin - I should at least be able to get my friends to play along.

Nige - I'm expecting these recordings to be around when I get back so you have 3 weeks... but no pressure

And to all the Cricket Club boys - hope the rain stops for at least one game - maybe it just keeps raining to force you to the pub early - to force you to notice that there's no Jess behind the bar - it might just stop when I get back - we'll see I suppose.

And now I'll go but I'll send all the news soon and be home in no time. Have fun all...

PS Go see Charlie Wilson's War - saw it in Carlow the other night and as a politics student whos obsessed with Afghanistan I think its a pretty good portrayal of what happened - so watch it it's good.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Jess,
I have asked Dave to roster you on for an afternoon shift on the 16th. ;)

  Frazer Feb 12, 2008 10:10 AM

About jessiejames

Once again travelling - on the way to San Sebastian (not that you can see that)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.