Existing Member?

Jess's Travels

Quick update

IRELAND | Thursday, 17 January 2008 | Views [576] | Comments [1]

So a very quick note to everyone sitting by their computer excitedly waiting and hoping for new news... I know you all are...

I'm in Dublin, few in an hour ago and I'm here safe and pretty excited to be in Ireland, also very tired because its almost midnight but I'll deal.


Anyway that's where I am, Had a fantastic time in Spain - met two people especially who I have become great friends with - you will all meet Karen at the end of next year and Steff some time in the future - they're Mexican girls who've been studying in Salamanca in Spain who took me in and are some of the best people I've ever come across.

Madrid was ok, weather wasn't great though so ended up watching movies - although it was nice to do something normal for once. Oh and I hung out with some of the Spainish royal family (we think, I have to double check that and find out his title) - well the point is that it happened, but thats a story for another time.

San Sebastian was muy bonita - or very beautiful for everyone non-Spainish speaking - pity it was so cold because the beach was great. But I got to climb hills and talk Spanish with the woman at the hostel who was unnecesarily lovely to me - I've been so lucky to come across such good people on my trip - people who are going out of their way to do nice things for me. For instance Rosa ended up doing all my washing for me, sounds like no big deal but it saved me €11 which is a lot of money, and a day of sitting around waiting for washing. These little things really make a huge difference to your life.


And Barcelona was one of the greatest cities I've been to. We ended up with 20 degree weather, it felt like summer and I got a bit homesick for warm weather because I was there. I'm definitely going back one day in the future, preferably in real summer here.

Well thats actually more than I intended to write but oh well, I meet up with Eric again tomorrow so no more solo travelling for at least a little while. And just in case you don't know what to do with yourself because I am away, just remember that I'll be back a month from today, so you can all start counting down - make an advent calendar sort of thing if you really want to get into it. And yes Krissa I will be putting up some of my 2500 photos as soon as I have the right computer and a bit of extra time, maybe this week though.


Hope everyone is well and let me know if there is any exciting news from home.

Miss you all and speak to you soon.

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

hi jess how u going
wat have u done the past week
well ill talk to u soon
love you
Xx.
ben

  ben frazer Jan 18, 2008 11:23 PM

About jessiejames

Once again travelling - on the way to San Sebastian (not that you can see that)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.