Existing Member?

Next Stop......South America! Vamos! Hola Amigos! So this trip has been a long time coming! In Feb I'll be taking off on my next adventure with my dear friend Paula (aka Pow) around Sth America. I'll be writing when I can so please follow xx

Cambodia - Angkor Wat

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 25 November 2007 | Views [517]

Arrived in Siem Reap on Friday for 2 nights! So beautiful!

Our new Tuk Tuk driver 'Wee' (He spoke fluent english!) took us to Angkor Wat for sunset and then went to the water festival afterwards which only happens once a year! Good timing! They had a street parade and all the boats on the water.

**We also got a full body massage - cuz we can! =)

Yesterday we got on the back of Wee's moto and spent the whole day at the temples. We only went to 3 of them, was called Angkor Thom/Bayon and on every pillar has 4 faces carved and we also went to a temple that Tomb Raider was filmed at. This is the one that has the trees growing thru it. Very mind blowing! I really enjoyed it!

Last night our Wee drove us around and showed us the festivals that were on because of the water festival! Was good to see! We were the only westerners there amongst 5000 Cambodians! A little intimidating to say the least! But - was a lot fun! Wee kinda fell in love with me and started telling me how his friend married and english lady and asked if I was Khmer if I would be his girlfriend! haha he stared to get a little crazy for it but he was harmless.

Back in Phnom Pehn today and off to Saigon and start to travel up the coast of Vietnam!

Cant Wait!

Tags: Adventures

About jessica184


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.