Existing Member?

Next Stop......South America! Vamos! Hola Amigos! So this trip has been a long time coming! In Feb I'll be taking off on my next adventure with my dear friend Paula (aka Pow) around Sth America. I'll be writing when I can so please follow xx

Cambodia - Phnom Pehn

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 22 November 2007 | Views [551]

I'm in Cambodia!!! YAY!!!

Finally arrived here after a long bus ride! Was an experience getting here from Ho Chi Minh, the road was so bumpy but managed to rock me to sleep! =) When we arrived it was so crazy! About 30 men tried to get us to ride in their Tuk Tuk we didnt even have space to breathe! There was one guy who persisted with us, his name is Saw and he brought us to our accommodation. We are staying in the most beautiful place ever! We are paying only US$5 for the room and we are right on the lake! I have attached photos! Food is cheap! We have been paying $1 for lunches and dinners! Saw - our Tuk Tuk driver is picking us up tomorrow to be our personal driver for the day and take us on a city tour! Its pretty crazy here at night too, the men are trying to sell us weed and the kids have books, toys and dvd's they are trying to shove in our faces! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Cont...

Went to the genecide museum and the killing fields today..Was pretty interesting and sad, can't believe it was only 30 years ago! 

Good ol Saw our driver picked us up in his flashy Tuk Tuk! When we were out at the sites we realised we were in the worst looking Tuk Tuk! Atleast it was purple!! AND we broke down! Which could only happen to us!

Off to Angkor Wat tomorrow! 6.5 hour bus ride! YAY! ha

ciao

xx

Tags: Adventures

About jessica184


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.