Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

onto rome...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 22 April 2008 | Views [654] | Comments [4]

today began early, we were planning to catch the 12.30 train to rome,and wanted to get to the archealogical museum in naples before we left.

The bus was ridiculous, stuck in peak hour traffic it was pointless so it was quicker to walk.

The museum is huge and contains alot of pottery, statues and other artefacts found in naples. It also contains alot of the paintings and artefacts found at pompeii.  it also has the "secret cabinet" that has only jut been reopened to the public in 2000 due to the nature of the display.....it is pretty much the collection of erotic art found largely at pompeii. Some was tame, others not so much. There are massive stone penises, figures with oversized penises and anything else you can think of with penises..lamps,pottery, wall hangings. There was much giggling in this part of the museum..apparently all the penises are suppose to bring good luck? who knows, we should be extremely lucky after seeing all those penises!

Was ready to catch the train at 12.30, onl to find it was delayed for an hour. Finally arrived in rome, 2 hours late, we nearly lost our booking at the hostel.Apparently its not unusual for the trains to be running that late? we having booked a walking tour tomorrow for the colloseum, trevi fountain, parthenon etc. Prob thurs will do vatican city. The hostel is nice and close to everything, especially the cheap internet so i will try to fill in the blog!

brenton-when you loaded the photos from camera to computer, they dont come up again on the camera view.did that happen to you?it just worries me a little thats why i havnt loaded any more photos onto computer, that and one of the computers put a virus on my usb and deleted everthing...aarrggghh.

love to all, going for dinner..im thinking pasta and maybe gelati..

oxoxoxoxoxo

Comments

1

Hi Darl, loved the travelblog and all your adventures,
we lovedRome so.... much to see, and ofcourse Ijust love historical things and places. We bought a Greek Baklava at Aldi last week and really enjoyed it, so did Satchmo he pinched it off the bar!! So we had to buy another! Enjoy your Italian adventure there's so much to see. We saw Brenton yesterday, he's really enjoying his placement at Southdown luv G'ma and G'pa

  val and mick Apr 22, 2008 9:04 AM

2

All sounds terrific would love to go there ourselves. Ken would definately love to drive a ferrari through italy. The italians certainly know how to cook and entertain so should be good right through this part of the trip. Enjoy. Everyone sents there love. Bassos.

  Bassos Apr 22, 2008 3:12 PM

3

Hi All

I'm soooooooo excited only 12 more sleeps till i head to Italy!! Cant wait. Sounds fun. You typed the word Penises too many times Jess LOL. Andrew has bought a Nissan Patrol Ute he is very excited! Missy went to the state library today for an excursion for Uni. She is settling now. Sarah has her Physio ball this Thursday night. Has a new dress! Enjoy the pasta and gelati. Luv The Battens xxxxxxxxx

  Sue Batten Apr 22, 2008 3:27 PM

4

Hey Jess Dan and Amy

Nah I didnt have any problems loading photos! Maybe you tried on a dodgy computer??? Not too sure. U could maybe try uploading with photos that dont mean too much to test that it wont do it again - but i dont want u to lose your photos either! Ask with your hostel and they might be able to help too!

Im so jealous of your travels - makes me desperately want to go back to europe! Still off to thailand soon so should be good!

Rounds at Southwood going well, next week at MLC should be interesting :) Cya soon, and let me know how u go with your camera - B!

  Brenton Apr 22, 2008 4:40 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.