Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

china one day, greece the next...

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [576] | Comments [3]

dear all those following our travels,

it is 3.30pm in athens greece at the moment, although it feels like it should be around 10 at night, the flight from beijing to athens was huge and today has been extremely tiring..but before all this tiring, there was much to be seen in china....

arriving at 11pm to a massive beijing airport, a hotel staff member picked us up and drove us to the hotel where we feel asleep once we got in the door. the next day, sat, we organised the same hotel driver to takeus to tiannamen square and the forbidden place-the imperial palace, in the heart of beijing. after feeling a little squimish driving on the wrong side of the road, the drive was interesting, on a sunday everyone was working to make the city look presentable for the olympics, also saw a poor lost camel, huge amounts of smog and many many security gaurds/police.

tianamen sqaure was massive!! also the ppl there were in massive numbers. after photos, we walked towards the forbidden palace, an hour later we were half way through the palace and with sore feet. The imperial palace was amazing, with hundreds of separate buildings all for separate purposes.

after a crazy day in beijing, we left at 9pm, flew 8 hours and arrived in dubai at 1am, although we werent allowed off the plane, and sat there while they cleaned it..little awkward! then another 5 hours to athens, arrived at 6am. caught the train to athens and walked to our hostel. Its a nice hostel, as long as u like cold showers and sharing the toilet with the showers, but hey, u get wat u pay for!

today we have spent the day wandering the city, and resting at the hostel, we are a little wrecked.

tomorrow we are planning on going to the acropolis and enjoying the sun, its beautiful weather over here.

i was planning on putting some fotos up, but the computer keeps loading porn onto the file.sorry!

having fun

love jess dan and amy

xoxo

Comments

1

Great to hear you are having fun so far. Hope you get a chance to catch up on sleep. Sounds great, we are very jealous. Ken wants to know what day to put bins out!!!

  Bassos Apr 8, 2008 9:30 AM

2

Great to hear you arrived safely! Whatch out for the wandering hands of the ities. Same old work work work here.
Have a great time and enjoy the islands.
Dad

  Dad Apr 8, 2008 7:20 PM

3

hi jess dan and amy we are all so jealous of you the holiday sounds great and it has only just started did you have a warm shower this morning or did you stay in the same place again? my new job is going well very different yesterday it was such a slower pace compared to the canteen but i adjusted 2day so it didnt seem so strange. most of the kids are adjusting really well 2 the change the main challenge is to learn all their names bec has gone 2 see priscilla 2 nite she was very excited when she found out everything here is fine not much news yet enjoy the islands we will be thinking of you all you lucky ducks love mum xxxxxx

  Mum Apr 8, 2008 7:42 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.