Existing Member?

Travelling light(ish) - Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur and a bit inbetween

City of mopeds . . .

VIETNAM | Saturday, 17 April 2010 | Views [447] | Comments [1]

From Heathrow to Mumbai to Bangkok at last we arrived in Ho Chi Minh city / Saigon and I think it is a good thing we were dazed from such a long journey because just the taxi trip from the airport to the hotel was information overload, this city is crazy! The traffic is like nothing I have ever seen there are thousands of motorbikes and mopeds everywhere, including the pavements just going any direction they feel like, and tooting their horns for no apparent reason.  All the while the drivers are smiling and away and looking as serene as anything. 

We've done a lot of our sight seeing just sat at cafes watching it all going on on the roads, which is probably a good thing as it's pretty hot here.  Although I now understand the meaning of the rainy season after seeing torrential rain followed half an hour later by bright sun as if it had never happened.

Off to a beach resort tomorrow and praying for a bit of peace and quiet as much as I have loved seeing Ho Chi Minh city I think it is best appreciated in small doses!

Comments

1

Hey Jen! Glad you have arrived safely and looking forward to reading more. Lots of love, Dais xxx

  Daisy Apr 18, 2010 7:20 PM

About jennye23

On Monkey Island in Ha Long Bay - there were monkeys here but the type that pounce on small children to steal their crisps so we stayed well clear

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.