Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

More stunning views

ITALY | Monday, 28 August 2006 | Views [455]

I'm in Positano right now which is one of the towns on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. The views of the coastline - with the towns built into the side of the cliff - are simply stunning. Staying in a hostel with plenty of Aussies but that's not suprising. One downside here though is the getting up and down the side of the mountain to the beach. Many hundreds of steps ensure the calfs get a real good workout. Just checking out the place today and hopefully make it to Pompei tomorrow. Maybe a day trip cruise over to the Island of Capri the following day. Not always easy to get around here because the buses come when they want to and the roads are very hard to navigate due to tight bends and traffic.

Rome was probably the dirtiest place I have been to in Europe. Rubbish everywhere, constant stench and even a few rats to keep you company. Saw the major sites as you do but was glad to leave.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.