Existing Member?

The Adventures of Jennifer

July 15th - Cusco

PERU | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [251]

Today at school, I helped the 3rd/4th grade class with their math.  They seem to like math.  At recess, we played with more bubbles and the kids loved playing with the jump ropes.  Upon arrival, I'm always greet with hugs and smiles from the kids.  Today, when it was time for me to leave, some of the kids wouldn't let me go.  They stuck to me like glue! Haha. 

Oh the way home, I saw these break dancers in the middle of a major intersection.  One of them saw me filming from across the street, waved at me, and walked over to talk to me.  He told me that break dancing is not popular in Peru.  They were good, so I gave them some money to support the art.

After lunch, the roomies and I joined a Cusco City Tour.  The tour was only 12 Soles ($4) and the tour lasted 4.5 hours! It was great!  Our first stop was the Temple of the Sun (Qorikancha). Then we went to Sacsaywayan, and learned that the zig zag shape of the rocks represented the puma's teeth.  The city of Cusco was designed in the shape of a puma.  Pukapukara was used as a military resting place. We ventured onto Tambomachay, where the Inca king would bring his many women and used it as a bath house.  This place is also known as a place for fertility ceremonies. Qenqo was known as the Temple of the Mother Earth.


After dinner, we went to check out the Cross Keys bar, Zazu, and more dancing at Mythology. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.