Existing Member?

Where the bloody hell am I

Go the Tigers!

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 March 2007 | Views [382]

A short £1 bus ride (i love megabus) out of London took me to the city of Leicester to meet up with Rosco (an English mate from footy for those who don't know).

Leicester's home to a massive space centre. This has a building which is inflated plastic which houses actual rockets. It has heaps of info on space travel which is really interesting (at least to me. think of how hard it is to shower in zero gravity). It took a whole day to check this out which meant that I missed the best weather so far. The sun was acually out nearly all day!

As I was with a rugby mate we thought we'd check out the local team the Tigers (England's equivalent to the Waratahs) play Harlequins. Unfortunately there was only 1 (standing) ticket left when we got there so Rosco missed out and I looked like a nigel. It was a decent game (at least the 2nd half was) and the Tigers got up so it was a good night out. The weird thing about English rugby is that everyone is dead silent when anyone takes a kick at goal. They're quieter than we are in a minute silence. Yobs don't even take their chance to be heard and yell something stupid. They even do it for the opposition! I couldn't believe it! Very strange to have 20,000 that quiet.

The night before I left was awesome. We went to Ash's (a mate of Ross's) to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championships. These dudes are mean. They absolutely smash each other. None of this pussy boxing shit. But the ridiculous part of night came when Ash shouted us dinner from Domino's. Sounds pretty tame until u hear what the bill was. £58!!! for 4 people. Thats about $150 on pizza. Insanity!

Next stop, Bristol, to see Borey. Rumour has it that I may be living on a boat. I'll let u know.

Tags: Adventures

About jeffro


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.