Existing Member?

Where the bloody hell am I

The city of gold leaf and statues

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 March 2007 | Views [405]

After a tops flight on Virgin (plenty of in flight movies, TV and music)I landed in london at 430 in the morning. I didn't mind so much but Zigga's room-mate wasn't quite as cirpy as I was when I rocked up on his doorstep and he didn't know who I was.

That night we did what every aussie does when they get to London and that's go to a bar full of aussies. The redback was pretty lame but the bus ride there was illuminating. The was an absolute cock of an old man openly racially abusing a group who "don't belong in my country". Welcome to London, the most multicultural city on Earth.

Inbetween seeing some of the best free museums, galleries (they are so  big and interesting you could spend a whole day in each) and parks (Hyde park in summer would be the best place london) London had to offer zigga and I checked out some of the nightlife. Somethin is happenin every night in london. At one club, out of nowhere 3 dudes in red tracksuits jumped up on stage. I'd accidentally gone to a club where Datarock were playin for £3. Loved it. Along with datarock I saw Jimeoin (the meaning of life is the Hokey Pokey), and scored tickets to a sold out We are Scientists gig (it was a big last night i town and thankfully people actually jumped around this time).

London was an awesome place to be. There is just so much to do, day and night. I think i'll end up goin back at the end of my trip because there was still so much I hadn't got around to doing.

Tags: Adventures

About jeffro


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.