Existing Member?

India 101

..

INDIA | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [588] | Comments [3]

so last night was interesting.. over dinner i happened to overhear a conversation - it was a student "interviewing" i guess some sort of religious scholar.. something about the difference between Buddhism and HInduism.  he was very interesting, i had to refrain from interrupting and asking some questions of my own.. but i don't know every religious lecturer i've heard so far has told stories/parables/etc that i've already heard somewhere.. then afterwards i went to a bar to check out the scene here and they were playing bob dylan and nina simone.. ended up talking to a Tibetan kid who works as a waiter here and who has family in Tibet and in New York.. even the secular Tibetans though revere the Dalai Lama and want to find a way to free Tibet.  it ended up being a pretty late night.. my hotel was shuttered by the time i got back to it, but You-ten (that's his name) hollered in to the "gatekeeper" and i got in safely.. phew..

so basically if i were to stay here it would be to study buddhism, and since i'm not going to settle down here for the duration of my trip and do so, i will look into bus tickets to Manali tomorrow.  Today i don't feel all that great still.  oh well.. i think next time i upload pictures it will have to be by first putting them on CD, then uploading them.. hopefully that does the trick.. first i need to take more pictures though :)..  oh by the way i went back to the temple and got some decent shots there,, plus a couple movies. two weeks today i've been in india.. seems like forever.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Josh, hope you are feeling better... Amanda and I can not believe that you have only been gone two weeks..you are right it feels like much longer.
What makes Manali your next stop????...is your friend Greg there???
We are having a very warm week .personally I can not wait for the cold weather to come in.... My dear Josh, stay well..Amanda and her household is not doing too well, either.........there are many bugs out there this season:-( Take care...Love you and miss you~Donna

  Donna Sep 26, 2007 11:14 PM

2

Hi Babe,

It does seem longer than two weeks...crazy well i have almost lived at thiara's a month which is carzy as well. So I am not feeling well eaither i actually dId not go to work today which i never do. I always go to work i am feeling a bit quilty but my head is spinning again. So i called the doctor and i have an appointment at 4:45 this afternoon,I am going to have them take blood i think something is off. Well Have a safe bus ride and i hope you feel better as well. love you!!and miss you...be safe

  Amanda Sep 27, 2007 1:58 AM

3

Hi Josh,

Wow!
Just got up to speed on your trip. Enjoyed hearing your stories and about your adventures. Please continue with updates on the places and peoples you see and meet. Blessings, blessings for you.
With love,
Uncle Greg.

  Greg Sep 27, 2007 5:50 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.