Existing Member?

India 101

busy day

INDIA | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [338] | Comments [3]

so today we left at 10 am and didnt get back til about 7.  jane and i took a taxi driven tour of the temples and such, so iäm going to post some pictures of all that.  i guess i´m a bit exhausted from all that but i think im going to have dinner with the hotel managers here tonight, take a hot shower (its gotten quite cold here and rains off and on the whole time), journal and bed.  tomorrow i guess ill go shopping and also look for another cheaper hotel.. and also maybe meet tsering for some more english practice at some point.  still dont know where from here.. would like to manifest some travelling companions for perhaps manali, before i leave himachal.. and then i have so many choices - amritsar, varanasi, agra, jaipur, pushkar, etc etc before goa.. but i am not looking forward to another train ride so soon.. id like to stay here a week or two at least.. monday i will take some buddhist philosophy class, see how that goes. i donno at the temples today they were quite peaceful, and i enjoyed it no doubt, but im not about to enroll.. but they have a 10 day vipassana (silent) retreat here in mcleod which i might give a go.. if anything will give you the meditative experience, that will for sure.. its the ultimate psychological warfare on ego.. 10 days of silent meditation and silence period.. we shall see.. one step at a time.. anyhow im off to post pictures now for your enjoyment.. 

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hey Josh~ a ten day RETREAT!! Yes do it !!! It will be an experience having done many of them in my former nun days :-). Silence is relative...sometimes even in silence we can be very noisy. Ask Amanda, she had regular days of silence growing up :-)
It sounds like you are quite content to stay put for a while and have a friend Jane to explore the landscape. How nice~ Enjoy EN JOY! Miss you and love you xoxoxDonna


  Donna Sep 24, 2007 1:43 AM

2

So, I had just typed out this whole comment and my internet died on me :( I'm finally caught up on your adventures. Glad to see the pics--I showed them to Aunt Tina and Sara today. Gave them your blog info because they were asking about you. Oh, I went to Jersey for the weekend--saw Aunt Tina & Del, Aunt Sara, Grandma, and Pinky & Val. I went to NYC to visit Lisa and Melissa (you, mom and I went to lunch with her in Culver City...she was in Lonelyhearts) and we had a great time hanging out and catching up, but now I'm super behind on my school work and practicing. Oh well. I guess I'll get up early. Which reminds me...mom is doing grad school, so she's been constantly busy and I rarely get to talk to her. She did the race for the cure in SF today, though. I don't know if she's staying current on your blog or updating you, so I thought I might. Well, I should go to bed. Long day ahead! I just got assigned two roles to cover in the Fall Opera.

Love ya!

  Gabby Sep 24, 2007 2:45 PM

3

Hey Josh -- I'm just getting caught up on your blog and pix. I've been slammed with school work. Went to our unit retreat at Asilomar and then we all went shopping and out to dinner in Carmel. Was in this one shop and the guy who was helping me was taking a LONG time. Everybody else was out on the sidewalk waiting for me so we could eat. When I came out they were all laughing. Turns out the guy was flirting with me and I was oblivious!!!
Had a nice meal in Carmel and got home late - then had to be at work at 6:30 AM Friday. Slept all day Sat and then did the Komen Race/Walk on Sunday in SF along the Embarcadero. Felt like a tourist cuz there was so much I hadn't visited in a while. It was a nice day - not windy and warm. The Cancer Center sponsored a bus so I didn't have to drive into the city. Only problem was I wanted to come home about 90 min before the bus left. Had a paper to finish. The Cortese 50th anniv party is Friday and I have a talk in Sacto that AM. Leaving for Atlanta on Tues AM.
Silent retreats are not as hard as you think they will be. Fr. John did a 30 day silent retreat and if he can do it, you sure can. He found his to be a very good experience. He didn't think he could go that long without talking, but he made it.
Miss you --- hope you are enjoying your time. What is the weather like in terms of temperature? Are you still smoke-free?
Love - Mom

  Mom Sep 26, 2007 6:29 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.