Existing Member?

India 101

new digs

INDIA | Monday, 24 September 2007 | Views [291] | Comments [3]

so i left the comfort of my nice hotel this morning.. moved into a smaller room with no view, but hot showers on demand and no mildew smell.. and next door to nick's italian restaurant which has a nice restaurant terrace w/ view and seems to be the place to hang out.. also next door to the green cyber cafe where i am now, and the green hotel which hopefully will do my laundry tomorrow..

walked down about a mile down a steep road toward dharamsala to visit the library of tibetan works and archives, where i sat in on a buddhist philosophy class for an hour, which had been recommended by tsering (the tibetan refugee i think i mentioned..) it was okay.. nothing i didn't already know/ hadn't already heard.. the walk back killed though.. if i do that for two weeks i'll be in amazing shape i'm sure. but dont know if its worth it.

last night the first two lines of my novel came to me & i wrote them down.. two lines down.. 300 pages to go..

still haven't met anyone or found anything here who/which makes me want to stay, so i think i'll check a few more things out. do some shopping and send a package airmail home. then i dont know if nothing else comes up i think i'll take the bus to manali and see what's going on over there. after that maybe a couple days in simla and the toy train down to chandigarh. am debating on coming back here november 1st b/c the dalai lama's supposedly going to be here. but it's all up in the air. i just chatted for a bit with a lady from vancouver who's been here for a year already.. didn't catch her name, but she was nice enough.. there's so much to see in india but sightseeing is sightseeing wherever you are, and that's not why i'm here.. i'm here for the people and the experience..

anyhow.. i forget now which pictures i've already posted so there's a few more for y'all..

p.s. the other night i watched tv with the kasmiris who ran the other hotel.. there was indian idol.. and an indian version of so you think you can dance.. and cricket, which i think i've basically figured out now after watching the india v. australia game.  dont know the lingo but india won.. so today i think is india v. pakistan.. should be like war..

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Hi Josh, you sound quite delighted to be able to have a hot shower, no mildew and an Italian restaurant to boot..Sounds perfect~ :-)
Interesting that the Buddhist class had little to offer you by way of new material. Well, my dear, it looks like you have done your homework before you went. Excelllent. !!There are two types of locations inner and outer. You may find that your inner location is actually quite 'rich'.
So what are the first lines of your book.....ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....very exciting !
Have a wonderful day and so look forward to your next entry.......... Amanda and I always talk about your with great love and misses.... Hugs and love ~ Donna
The pictures are all beautiful and so colorful~

  donna Sep 24, 2007 11:55 PM

2

Hi Babe,

Well like i said i the other e-mail. If you want a change of scenery go travel somewhere els. I do think you should go back in November to see the Dalhi lamma I think you would enjoy that allot. Well glad to hear that you are eating some Italian food, is it good over there, i hope it is you are closer to Italy. Ok well hope you are having a great day or great morning. love you hopefully you can find a computer to put more pictures up that is my favorite.

  Amadna Sep 25, 2007 4:14 AM

3

I think I need a map of India posted above my laptop to keep track of exactly where you are. I wanna trace your steps...that'd be cool. Classes are keeping me on my toes. Learning a lot of music...bonding with friends. Things are kinda tame compared with what you're doing. I'm excited that you're going to work on your book. Today I woke up with the perfect title for this paper I have to write: What's the "fach"ing problem: evaluating the effectiveness of the the fach vocal classification system. It was really a shot of inspiration...A really rare experience when I write nowadays--no true inspiration. Silly. Anyway, I should get to bed.
Love you!

  Sorella Sep 25, 2007 1:18 PM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.