Existing Member?

India 101

as promised / at long last

INDIA | Saturday, 22 September 2007 | Views [311] | Comments [2]

so today i wandered about mcleod ganj, once the rain stopped this a.m.  (this keyboard is funky with the symbols so you´ll have to bear with me.. it's especially hard to get used to the apostrophe being where the backslash is on the keyboard.. ) anyhoo.

i wandered about the town, ran into my neighbors who are staying in the room next to me, and who used to be staying in my room.  they said the dampness of the room made them sick so i should leave soon. speaking of which i forgot to take pictures of either hotel room.. the one in mumbai or the one here.. but i'll remember to do that later i hope. and the one in colaba i shall return to. anyhow i walked about with them a bit, and then met a tibetan girl of 23 named tseling who wanted to practice her english. so she gave me her number and i called her and we talked from about 6pm to 8pm before i couldnt stand being famished any longer.  (i had figured we'd meet over dinner so i had waited to eat and after two hours i needed food badly).  but anyways while i'm here i'll meet with her often i think. she gave me a book of primary tibetan with english versions of pronounciation and recommended that i go to the library monday morning at 11am for philosopphy lectures.  she also recommended that i change hotels, which i planned on anyways after the third night. this place is too expensive, but the view is nice and the rooftop internet and cafe isnt bad either. basically if i stay a week or two, though, i can find a place easily for 200, 300 max (basically 5 to 7 dollars US) but when in india everything is cheap, and you want to be cheap as well to make the money last..

oh yeah, so anyways i posted some pictures.. about 24.. hopefully they're in some sort of chronological order. the one with the green shirt where i look frazzled is the first night in that shitty expensive hotel room by the airport. the sunny ones are from colaba with the kids and greg. and the ones with the mountains and the monkeys and such are from mcleod ganj. there will be more to come now that i know how to do this.. although it did require me to download an applet from java. so enjoy.

dinner was at a pseudo+japanese restaurant which apparently has sushi one night a week but i forgot to ask which night. but i got udon soup which was more fettucini than udon, but whatever it was good. apparently people like it so next time i'll try teriyaki or somethign which will be interesting vegetarian. no meat except the one night i guess..

and now i'm going to try to catch jane before she goes down to make sure we´re still on for tomorrow. goodnight (or good noon as it is on the east coast, and good mornign on the west)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Oh Babe it looks so pretty there. Well thank you for the pictures they are wonderful keep them coming. I read you e-mail yes please please send me jewelry. Oh and send some for Thiara too it could be her birthday present from me and you I think that would be nice. I still have not gotten her anything. opps. Well i have to get back to work but i will write more later. love you love you

  Amadna Sep 22, 2007 3:06 AM

2

Hi Josh, PICTURES are great!!!! It was so good to see your face. The landscape is BEAUTIFUL! It was actually not what I expected. I thought the pictures would be be very much more populated. The countryside looks pictresques !!! Quite a surprise to see that houses are not lined up everywhere. ....unloie what I heard??
I am happy that you continue to meet new people....... as it will be... EN JOY ENJOY!! I miss you and love youxoxoxDonna

  donna Sep 22, 2007 11:59 PM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.