Existing Member?

India 101

rain rain go away

INDIA | Friday, 21 September 2007 | Views [352] | Comments [2]

today it's been raining all morning. there were magnificent thunderstorms and pouring rain earlier, but now it's settled down into a nice sprinkle.  i know i promised pictures this time, but the internet on the roof of my building, where i know i can upload pictures, is sketchy right now b/c of the rain, so later tonight i will be able to put some up there. 

i met an australian woman named jane, who i will be sharing a taxi with tomorrow as she is visiting all the monasteries and various sights around here. so tomorrow am around 10 we set out to do all that. should be some good pictures to be had there as well. i should have gone with her into town as now i have nothing to do except wait for the rain to let up and then i suppose wander around.

just to clarify - the main tourist spot up here (where i am at the moment)is called mcleod ganj - it's a short Rs 120 taxi ride up steep and narrow winding roads from dharamsala, where the bus left us off.  here are the tibetans walking around in traditional garb and what have you. the dalai lama's residence is here as well, though i don't believe he's here at present. the hotel owners are offering me if id like to go trekking for short day trips, about a week total, up further into the himalayas. they assure me they have pack animals to carry the packs so i wouldn't be laden down with my heavy backpack. i'll consider it..

also, here i may do some shopping and try to post it to the US, so amanda check your email cuz i will send you one requesting what you want..

alright pictures and such later tonight then..

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Well, Josh, it feels like this part of India is very different from Bombay! It feels quite monastic! I spoke with our Doctor Pram Vishvanath last week, she is Indian and from Delhi (I think)and I told her that you had just left for India and some day hoping to be in close proximity to the Dali Lama and she said that he was in New York. You go all the way to India and he is here... I thought that was ironic. However, I am sure he will return at some point. May you have the fortune of seeing him.
Well, the trip into the Himalayans sounds quite interesting....do you think you may go??? Well, all is well in this corner of the world..It is Friday and that is always DELIGHTFUL!
Wherever you go...what ever you do....EN JOY, Josh! Miss you and love you~look forard to the pictures that you will post some day, I am sure~xxoxoDonna

  donna Sep 21, 2007 11:28 PM

2

hi babe i sent you an e-mail. I need oily and i always like lotions. ok love you!!!

  amanda Sep 22, 2007 1:10 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.