Existing Member?

India 101

Manali

INDIA | Monday, 8 October 2007 | Views [388] | Comments [1]

so, i've been to dharamsala and gone again.. perhaps i should change the name of my overall trip from "destination dharamsala".. what do you think..


anyhow i'm here in manali where it's quiet and peaceful (well i'm actually in vashisht.. manali is not really quiet or peaceful but much more so than many parts of india at least.. this is one of those scenic beautiful honey-moon type places (or for some people a long-term place in india).  i've got the snow-capped himalayas from my balcony as you will see on flickr.  the bus wasn't bad all things considered.. they stopped every hour and a half it seemed at some dhaba along the way for us to get out and have a chai or a pee.. or both.. every time they stopped they woke me up as i was right near the front.. but i did manage a bit of sleep on the way.. when we got here i shared a cab with an english couple up to vashisht.. (manali is divided into three areas - manali where the bus stops and the bazaars and such are.. old manali with orchards and quiet platitude.. and vashisht with mountains and quiet platitude.. so i'll have a few days here and a few days in old manali and i think that'll be that..)

anyhow i think i'm off now.. cheers..

Tags: People

Comments

1

Hi Josh, well you had a good trip and now you are manali. It sounds absolutley beautiful! Such a different experience from Bombay! What is the poplulation like. My friend who has been to India a few times said that mostly the countryside is very unpopulated whereas the cities are so crowded. Take lots of beautiful PICTURES~
Enjoy EN JOY! Miss you and love you, dear Josh~xoxoxoxoDonna

  donna Oct 8, 2007 11:21 PM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.