Existing Member?

India 101

so it's official

INDIA | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [481] | Comments [2]

After spending way too long here, i'm off to manali.. everyone says i sound more comfortable here but that's just cuz i've been in the same place for a long time.  everyone else i've met here came the other way -> delhi to manali to here and is now off to amritsar.. literally about 10 different people headed to amritsar in the past few days.. i did meet a couple girls last night who skipped manali to come here for the dalai lama's teaching, but anyhow..

i went to check out of my hotel room this morning but the guy said since i've been here so long that i could leave my stuff until this afternoon. my bus takes off at 8.30pm and theoretically arrives in manali around 6am.  hopefully no earlier as i wouldn't have anywhere to go. now that i'm about to travel again i'm a little nervous. most people tend to pick up people to travel with but not me.. i'm unconventional.. or wot. one thing i do know is i have to go to rishikesh now and stay for at least a week. (the yoga capital of the world).  met this guy from denmark the other day who has been studying yoga for years and who was pretty in tune with where i'm coming from and he pretty much told me along the lines of 'you can't beat the brain with the brain'.  so yeah. other than that.. it's one step at a time. so many things to see here and only something like 60 or 65 days until i have to be back in mumbai getting ready to leave.  [can't wait to get back.. but also can't wait to see the rest of india that i have to see.. and then probably have to come back again to see more] 

so if you can't tell i'm a bitter scattered right now.  i have no idea what to do with the next 6 hours until i check out and get my bags.. and then i have to sit for 2.5hours 'eating dinner' before i can go wait for my bus..

Tags: People

Comments

1

Hey Josh, hope your trip to Manali was loverly! It is quite a journey that you seem to really anticipate.
Already a month has passed... it feels like a much longer time. Hope you fine many wonderful things in your next stop! Perhaps try a bit of YOGA!
Amanda and I are having a great time...tis good to have her here...we went clothes shopping and had a FUN!
En JOY ENJOY, dear Josh Love you and miss you~Donna

  donna Oct 7, 2007 12:03 PM

2

Joshie,

I got all caught up on your postings! Glad you got to hear the big man speak--was a little worried when you slept through the first talk. Anyway, it sounds like you're meeting a number of people, so getting a travel buddy wouldn't be difficult if that's really what you wanted. This journey, for you, doesn't really seem to be about that. Bu, what do I know? Things are going well in MD--a bunch of us went into DC to see the Bodies exhibit--kind of like a tame Body Worlds (or Works, I forget the name now) where they plasticize bodies and show different aspects of the human body. A lot of thm had lung cancer, which was really gross to observe, so I do hope you can kick the habit. We went to a funky Irish pub after, which would be a good place to go if you come & visit when you get back. Yesterday, I drove my friend to his parent's place, turned in an application for a summer program, and then had an impromptu party at my place with wine & pizze (an unlikely combination)! Well, I miss you and I'm glad to be able to check your blog for updates on your life! On Thursday, I have a coaching with Marilyn Horne--one of the best singers to ever live, so I'm going to be extremely busy and nervous this week. I hope she likes me!!

Love you!

  Gabby Oct 8, 2007 2:37 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.