Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Melbourne Pit Stop

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 8 August 2008 | Views [1418]

Pushing that little Toyota lump to the its limits we arrived in Melbourne to a relatively mild Thursday evening.

Having attempted to check into The Cooee on St Kilda -a nice relaxed hostel one of my old friends 'Shobian, Perth' (-spelt as it appears in my phone -and not actually her name,) was staying at. However we were scuppered by a computer problem at the front desk, and computer problems of our own; namely having to upload this bloody blog thing- meant we headed off in search of the local Global Gossip (proud sponsor).

By turn of chance this was round the corner in the Melbourne Base backpackers -a mental red silicone box plonked on the side of a St Kilda road and full of potential alcohol poisoning victims.

The draw of the free champagne after 8pm on Thursday's Ladies Night' prooved too much for Deidra and within minutes (and a quick glass of Sauv Blanc,) a plan had been hatched to do our wrting/uploading -while getting tanked on the $4.50 pints and to sleep in the van at the side of the road -having danced our asses off with the chavettes and chavees (me included -'chingford massive, big up'!)!

The catch phrase of the Holiday has been confirmed -after it's quintessential use on this night when deciding where to sleep: "Ah, F*** it, ....It'll Be Alright!"


no photos of this but good night

Tags: ambassador van, drink, fek, girls, melbourne

 

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.