Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

You're as Cold as Ice - Willing to Sacrifice

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 8 August 2008 | Views [1022] | Comments [1]

Ok so last time we left you we were exploring the Great Ocean Road.

As a note- we went on and saw Cape Otway Lighthouse, stayed in tiny Princetown and visited the beautiful Twelve Apostles... a nice little religious touch for the Irish contingent out there. -Great spot for a pic or two.

On the way down we spent our first night in the van, sleeping in a caravan park in Apollo Bay. It became immediately clear that the wafer thin sleeping bags provided with the van were not up to the southern Australian winter. Lads, you'll know what i mean when i say; I could feel myself shrinking! -shiver by shiver (not good).


Little did we know that when it came to spending nights in the van, this was just the tip of a very cold iceberg.

The next day we stopped at Australia's answer to Primark; Target. WE grabbed the biggest thickest duvet we could lay our mits on and some thermals cos it was back to Melbourne for us before we headed for the Mountains!

Tags: ambassador van, great ocean road, mits, twelve apostles

 

Comments

1

I think this whole trip thing is a con and that picture was actually taken up on the Antrim North Coast. Shame on you two jezebels!

  Si Aug 8, 2008 7:36 PM

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.