Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Lorne'ing it up!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 31 July 2008 | Views [757] | Comments [2]

John

We woke the next morning, surprisingly warm, aided no doubt by the few glasses of rum and coke the night before and leaving the heater on full blast through the night. Question- can you make rum and coke a with pepsi max? John says hell no, Deirdra says “Jesus its fine…sure cheap rum tastes shit no matter what you put in it”

And it did taste shit... only getting tastier by the 5th glass.

I was making breakfast in the hostel when I spotted a huge vat of seeds, thinking what the hell is this for, I soon realised when I looked outside and a million huge parrots were descending on the American guy as he attempted to eat his breakfast outside.

When I called deirdra out to get a photo, the resulting girly screams I’m sure could be heard in the next town.

 

Lorne was actually surprisingly nice in the light. And to top off our introduction to the area we called the number on a poster marked with the slogan ‘Blazing Saddles’ …and went for a thigh pounding session of ‘scenic’ Horse Riding!

Tags: ambassador van, and coke, rum

Comments

1

Dearest John & Deeds,
Love it guys, highly entertaining! What a handsome couple......and John and Deeds ain't looking half bad either, whehey!!
I'm sure your thighs could be likened to heavily tanned Italian leather sofa arms after a pounding like that! John, I'm especially impressed by the way you are handling that two steps from the glue factory beast. If I didn't know better I'd have said you were born up there as your fluid transition from straddling Bovine to Equidae is second to none!!

Keep it coming guys! I don't have to hope you're having the best time as I can clearly see you are, which is nothing short of awesome.

Your craic is dearly missed in Belfast, but I'm hoping to get a taste in Sydney if you're about in December.

All the very best and take care,

Dave mwa xx

P.S. If you're that skint let me know where you'll be and I'll have a bottle of Havanah Club shipped over.

  Dave Aug 1, 2008 5:06 PM

2

Hi Guys!!

Sitting in work here in rainy Belfast, so your blog is certainly keeping me occupied! (And well Deirdra you know what im like with blogs, bebo, facebook and any social networking thing online!!)

Loving the pictures and im glad you both seem to be having a ball! Dee, you look like a natural on that horse!

Keep up the good work.. and you never know, i might even save up and come out and visit ya's!

Everyone misses ya's and everyone says hi! :)

Rachel xoxox

  Rachel Aug 7, 2008 7:45 PM

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.