Existing Member?

2007 Adventures My dream adventure - To motorcycle across the USA!

Riding my butt off!

USA | Monday, 12 November 2007 | Views [479]

Hi everybody,

Everything is going fine.  Sorry I haven’t added anything to the blog for over a week – but I have simply been having too much fun riding my butt off with some new found buddies.  I will detail everything about what happened in North Carolina soon, but basically I meet two motorcyclists at the top of a mountain on the Blue Ridge Parkway road in North Carolina, who turned out to be the best blokes you could ever meet – Larry and Lester.  Originally riding up to the North Carolina to see the Autumn colour leafs on the advice from Amy, without my knowing I had accidently found myself in arguably the United States’s Motorcycling holly mecca!  The home of roads called ‘The Dragon’, ‘The Snake’, ‘Little Switzland’ – I was in the middle of motorcycling nirvana!!  So for the next 4-5 days, we have been wearing our tires out carving it up.  Yeah Ha!!!!

I have many photos and stories to tell about North Carolina while staying with Larry and Alabama while staying with Lester, which I will try to upload in the next few days.

I am now getting ready to ride to New Orleans this morning, which will take 5-6 hours.  I am heading south and looking forward to some warmer weather.  Then I am off to Dallas and will be starting the long hike to the West from there.

Check out some pics from North Carolina and Alabama here.http://picasaweb.google.com/jamesc71

Well its 12 noon and I have a 5 hours ride ahead to New Orleans... looks like I will be arriving there a bit later than I wanted.  Oh well.  Wish me luck.  Talk tomorrow.

Tags: On the Road

About jc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.