Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

End of a very warm week.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Saturday, 4 September 2010 | Views [486]

The weather and the welcome in Tabubil has been very warm indeed. It is weird to see blue skies and having to use an umbrella for shade and not to shelter from the consistant rain. We are flying along with the training and have finished three units already plus most have lodged their projects already so I hope it keeps going like this at it makes it much easier to mark and collect the evidence. Last night was a BBQ at Ian & Linda's with a nice bottle of Limestone coast red followed by a rock and roll night at the Golf Club with a live band. Interestingly made up of talented expats including Alan Breen the Managing Director of OTML on bass guitar. A very enjoyable night. Perhaps it was a warm up for the disco night tonight at the Hash Harriers club to support the local volleyball team it should be a hoot! I know where all the PNG rain is at the moment - just about all over the east of Australia. I hope you all get a good share without flooding too much. It's good for Jayne that she has landed a new job and it's one that has been created for her especially so I am sure she will manage it very well indeed. Well I will get back to reading the students work and will write a new story in the coming days. Bye for now, Gerard.

 

 

Travel Answers about Papua New Guinea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.