Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Seville to Barcelona

SPAIN | Tuesday, 23 August 2016 | Views [270]

Tonight we fly to Barcelona at 9.40pm, so we have the day to explore more of Seville. We caught the bus into town and queued to see the palace. The queue is in shade in the morning, good work! The palace was of Moroccan and Muslim style with lots of mosaics and interesting turrets, walkways and pools and water features. The King and Queen of Spain live in part of the building today. Apart from the building there is the most amazing gardens. Acres and acres of beautiful manicured hedges, lawns, orchards, trees and water features. Absolutely amazing. You could easily get lost in there. We stopped for a drink and a roll at the café and were joined by a couple of peacocks and the stray cat, of course.

We decided not to go to the cathedral as the reviews were not that good and a couple from Melbourne who were in the queue behind us had been there early this morning and said it wasn’t really worth the effort and they had seen much more impressive cathedrals elsewhere. Given that we have seen quite a lot and some amazing ones, we decided to give it a miss.

We wandered through the shops and spent a couple of hours in the cool in the cafeteria of the big department store. Whilst there were more things to see and do in Seville we had seen the main ones and we didn’t have time to do some of the things further out of town. We headed back to the Hotel and headed out to the airport in the taxi about an hour earlier than we had planned to. Plenty of time but the airport would be cooler than the non-air conditioned hotel lounge we were sitting in.

At the airport we had a drink and sat in the cafeteria until we could check our luggage in and head through security to the gate lounges. Without a boarding pass you cannot get through security even for a domestic flight. We had a snack and headed for the gate. Of course, the plane was delayed by 30 minutes then it took forever to board as the first passengers filled all the overhead lockers and then a lot of bags had to go underneath but eventually we got on board. Such a slow process. By now our 9.40pm flight was the 11pm flight and we finally got to our Barcelona Airport Hotel at about 1am. Fantastic!!! Do not fly Vueling airlines, it is the Jetstar/tiger of Iberia airlines.

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.