Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Cinque Terre 1

ITALY | Wednesday, 10 August 2016 | Views [258]

Today we decided to explore the area and we caught the train to the furthest town of Riomaggiore and wandered around the quaint little town checking out all the shops. We went down to the water and then up to the very top of the town to visit the church and to see if we could find a restaurant Lee was looking for. We couldn’t find it but we enjoyed looking around the village and ate beautiful mixed seafood in a paper cone. It was delicious – squid, sardines, anchovies, vegetables etc. all hot, crunchy and delicious.

We then caught the train back to Manorola and had a wander around there too. Another quaint little village, absolutely gorgeous with beautiful water and lovely views. After wandering around we found a restaurant and had a beautiful meal of bruschetta. As we had already eaten seafood we were not very hungry. Lee and Liz had a huge plate of mussels in white wine sauce, they were delicious too.

The weather is in the mid-thirties and after walking around quite a bit we headed back to Monterosso on the very crowded train, changing trains at Corniglia and then arriving back at Monterosso for a swim. Once again we sat outside in the garden with drinks and nibbles.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.